Sunday, October 16, 2011

4,637 Miles

4,637 miles from our home town to Warsaw, Poland.  That is approximately far away our child/ren is from us.  That is approximately how far our paper work traveled.  That is approximately how far we will travel to grow our family.  Our dossier is in Poland! I had tears of joy when I got this important news!  Preparing our dossier has been my part-time job for close to 10 months.  I often tell people that I spend my days working, and doing adoption stuff.  Sometime in there I eat and sleep.  It is an amazing feeling knowing that all the hard work, tears, and paper cuts is done for now.  It will take about 2 months before we are officially on the waiting list for international adoption. 

We do not know how long we will wait for a referral, if it will be for 1 or 2 children,  or if they are boys or girls.  All we know is that somewhere in Poland there is someone who needs us. 

"Somehow destiny comes into play. These children end up with you and you end up with them. It's something quite magical." - Nicole Kidman

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! What a great feeling. I hope your referral comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Welcome to the wait :) Maybe we'll be in country around the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! That is so exciting to have your dossier in Poland!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. That is such an incredible feeling. I hope you have a short wait for your referral.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to your site, but so glad I found it! We are adopting from Poland as well and just waiting for our 1800A approval to come back. Then it's dossier time! I'm so happy to have such faithful footsteps to follow in. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete