Monday, August 1, 2011

Biometrics and strollers

We got our appointment for biometrics!!  I was really surprised to see the envelopes in the mail today and even more surprised to see the date for 2 weeks away. We were completely expecting the end of the month before we even got appointment dates.  This is just another sign of the power of prayer and that God is guiding this child to us and us to them.  I have been steadily praying for the rest of our paperwork process to go quickly and smoothly.  These little pieces of paper that showed up in my mailbox is a sure sign of that!  After so much stress and frustration with our home study it is such a relief for something to go without a major problem.

I am hoping that our I800A approval will come as quickly as the biometrics appointment.

I have been researching strollers and I have decided I want one of these two: 

A Maclaren
http://us.maclarenbaby.com/toddler-buggies-selector?lang=en&langVar=en&lang=en&logoVar=www 

Or a UPPAbaby
http://uppababy.com/products/

If anyone has any review for either of these please let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Things are moving right along :) I found the biometrics appt fascinating (amazing technology nowadays). One more step almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Your dossier will be in before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will get your approval quickly after the fingerprints, usually it's just a week!!

    I'm not sure which Uppa you are looking into, but from what everyone who has been in Poland has said, an umbrella stroller while in Poland may not cut it. Even the 3 strollers at Matthew's orphanage had air tires! Everything there is cobblestone/brick pavers. That being said, the Uppababy Vista would be awesome there. My friend has it and it is SWEET. It pushes like a dream, and folds like one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think part of the timing for getting the approval depends on what office you have your fingerprints completed in. It took us about 4 weeks to get our approval after the fingerprints. This was late September of last year though so things may have sped up since then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for mentioning the verse from Isaiah 54 that you mention below. It has given my much strength and strikes a cord within me. I looked it up and read the whole verse gives me a sense of purpose, thank you.

    ReplyDelete