Monday, July 28, 2014

I800 for our Princess

We finally got the paperwork necessary to submit our I800!! Woohoo!  I have spent the evening filling out this form along with a couple supplement forms.  I remember this being a big pain and very confusing forms to fill out but it was way worse than I remember.  Nevertheless it is ready to be mailed to USCIS in the morning.  Hopefully USCIS will be quick with getting the approval back to us(fingers crossed). 

If you are new to this journey of International Adoption below is the description of what the I800 form  is from the USCIS Website:
      
       "To determine the child's eligibility for classification as a Convention adoptee. The petition is filed by the U.S. Citizen prospective adoptive parent to finalize the immigration process of a child who habitually resides in a Convention country. The petitioner must have an approved, valid Form I-800A, Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country, in order to file the Form I-800."



No comments:

Post a Comment