Thursday, July 14, 2011

Done,Done, Done!

Got word from our adoption agency that are home study is all good and we should be receiving the packet to complete our I800-A.  This is such a huge feeling of relief.  It has been so stressful getting the home study done and having to keep on a social worker constantly to do their job.  Adoption is not a perfectly smooth process.  There are ups and downs but you have to remember that in the end its all worth it.

It is so nice to be done with the first paper chase of our adoption!  The I800-A (Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country) will take a couple months to get approved.  Part of the I800-A is to have biometrics done(basically fancy fingerprints) which should be fun and a nice day trip for us. Then we have to have our documents apostilled, translated and sent to Poland.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that the rest of the process will be quick and smooth. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

Who says an adoptive mom doesn't labor, its just different.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I have never heard of a home study taking that long, I am happy for you that it is finally over. I can't imagine how frustrated you had to be. I will be praying that the rest of your process goes quickly and smoothly and that you don't have to wait to long for a referral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I stumbled on your facebook today and saw this link to your blog... I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS <3 Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! How exciting. I am so happy for you. I pray everything goes quickly and smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete